Saturday, November 1, 2008

la quinta resort and spa photo shoot

La Quinta Resort and Spa in the desert is one of my FAVORITE resorts to visit and work at. When the hotel decided to put together a new wedding promotional piece, they called in the help of Mary Dann, Wedding and Party Coordinators and Leila Khalil of Be Inspired PR.

I was one of 4 floral designers asked to participate by creating a centerpiece setup somewhere on the grounds of the property. My shoot location was in front of the waterfall area, just off the Frank Capra Ballroom. Debra Young was on hand to document the day.

I decided to go with an organic desert look, a bit more on the rustic side versus the glam side. I incorporated succulents, dried fungi caps, beige reindeer moss and grapewood branches, and I went with the descanso furniture line from Classic Party Rentals. Wildflower Linens provided the khaki runner and napkins and I placed everything underneath my signature canopy structure to create an intimate, cabana feel.


No comments: