Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ceremony magazine 2009 photo shoot #2 - Balboa Bay club

sooooo, here is the 2nd table scape i designed for ceremony magazine's 2009 orange county edition...for this setup we went with a dark purple, magenta, black and white color scheme incorporating cameos, damask, feathers and crystal trim...very glam and very bold! this color scheme definitely makes a statement and this purple toned magenta is a sexier, more sophisticated alternative to hot pink...

the bouquet was made up of fuschia peonies, purple mokara orchids, curled black ti leaves, eggplant mini cala lilies and black feather trim. accenting the handle were 5 black and white rhinestone brooches and cameos of varying sizes...


the boutonniere was made up of a black ti leaf, eggplant mini cala lily, black feathers and a black rhinestone accent...
3 black candlesticks held a long arrangement made up of all purple and dark fuschia phalenopsis orchids, mokara orchids and dendrovium orchids...

i got this frame from ikea and we hot-glued dark purple dendrovium orchid blooms all over the face of it...this would look amazing hung on a ballroom wall over your placecard table...




the menu cards were wrapped in a damask velvet fabric and tied off with black satin ribbon and a matching black rhinestone brooch...

black crystal beaded trim lined the bottom of the arrangement...


thank you to the following vendors for all their hard work!
photography: barnet photography, c/o ceremony magazine
chairs, chargers, glassware, flatware, plates: unique tabletops for classic party rentals
linens, runner and napkins: wildflower linens
menus: mimio, the artistry of paper

8 comments:

christina {simply modern weddings} said...

oooh...this one is divalicious!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

This is GORGEOUS! Every detail is perfect!

Lemiga Events said...

So gorgeous! I love everything about this table.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this look! Thanks for the creative idea for the ikea picture frame. I just purchased 5 of them for inspiration boards but thanks to you I have another fabulous option. Fantastic work!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, you are SO much like me! We are gonna be BFF. :)

These are gorgeous, Carissa!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

This shoot is GORGEOUS! I saw it at Border's and loved it!

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

I loved this one!

Amber said...

I just found you through Celebrations at Home and now I will stalk you blog, okay. I mean follow hee hee.
I was actually searching for ideas for a Mai Tai Monday party I am having in a week and a half. This frame and the candlestick idea and been just the little tweak I need.
Thank you, and this is so lovely and over the top done right.